Pages

DIY Tassel Gift Tags

Monday, December 1, 2014


Well folks, it is officially post-Thanksgiving holiday time which means two things - it's all Mariah's All I Want for Christmas all day and I'm in constant crazed crafting mode from now till January. With gifting on the mind, I thought I'd post about one of my favorite things to make these days to accompany my gifts - especially since you only need two supplies and have a finished product in under five minutes. 

These DIY tassels made of baker's twine are a great way to add a little festive flair to your gift tags this holiday season. I found myself wondering how to make them a few months ago and once I realized how easy they are, I felt I had to share with my crafty counterparts out there who hope to make their gifts extra fancy shmancy this year. 

Here's a breakdown of how it's done:

1. Start with baker's twine (or any thread of your choice). 2. Make a template for the tassel from cardstock or cardboard, cut to the desired height of your tassel and wrap the twine tightly around. 3. Cut an additional piece of twine and tie in a loose bow through the loop on one end. Slide off the template. 

4. Cut another piece of twine and tie tightly about 3/4" down from the bow. 5. Cut through the loops on the opposite end of the bow and trim. 6. Untie the bow and affix to tags for all of your holiday favors. 

Seriously, it is THAT easy. 


You can try this easy technique with tons of other materials and accessories - like leather for a more durable keepsake or keyrings to gift the actual tassel as a keychain.

Happy crafting!
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment