Pages

DIY Pretty Pinecone Object

Wednesday, August 14, 2013


On our trip to scenic Lake George over the weekend, Nick and I got in some serious quality time with the great outdoors. Throughout our adventures, I found a few free souvenirs and brought them home with me to spruce up our bookshelf. 

One such souvenir was a perfect little pine cone that I envisioned living on the cover of some vintage books wearing a generous coat of gold spray paint.




Once spray painted, I looked into my craft box and got inspired by a couple bright blue guys to add something extra...
...so I painted some tips in a two-tone stripe pattern wrapping around the length of the pine cone.
And there it sits along with some pine branches in a thrifted little milk container and a new stone paper weight. I love adding little updates to to the bookshelf, especially when they're free!

Till next time,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment