Pages

Inspiration Fix: Books on Chairs, Chairs on Books

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

On my amazing surprise trip to Florida this weekend, I brought along my copy of Design Sponge at Home by brilliant writer/blogger Grace Bonney. I've read it cover to cover before but always bust it out when I'm feeling hard up for some inspiration. This book is the home decor bible. It has amazing photos of beautiful and creative interiors (many of which are small spaces) decorating basics, DIY projects and even the makings of a working toolbox. If you hate all of those things, it also makes a gorge coffee table book. 

Every time I flip through, it seems something new jumps out at me. This time it was the use of pretty chairs for displaying books, magazines, objects and floral arrangements. 

This beauty is from page 23 from Grace's own home.

This one's from page 77 via the home of Mokum Design Director Stephanie Moffitt.


This little blue lady is from Habitually Chic Blogger Heather Clawson's home.

This mag & coral one came from the deep depths of Pinterest.

Another Pinterest find here - I mean, this chair. 


Books UNDER chair this time but still using the chair as a centerpiece. Love it. Image via Lonny.

Scouring thrift shops for an antique statement chair is one-hundred percent on my project list for the near future...just have to find that available wall space that I don't have. 

Check out Grace Bonney's blog Design Sponge here!

Till next time,
Amanda


0 comments:

Post a Comment